Saturday, June 9, 2012

Answering some questions!

So, I received a compliment on Yelp about my blog and she asked me a couple of questions.  I'm pretty excited to answer these questions. :) If you have any more, please ask!! I love to help others!

What supplements do you take?
-  I take omega 3, calcium + vitamin D, CLA and a multivitamin.
When purchasing vitamins, you should go to Mother's Market for your needs.
My mom bought me this weight loss supplement from Costco, take 2 T bid (twice a day).
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hoodia-Nopal-Cactus-P-57-Body-Choice-Liquid-Enhanced-Weight-Loss-32-oz-/140729521624
I think it actually works; it suppressed my appetite.
For my energy drink, I swear by NSANE!
http://www.nutrishopredondobeach.com/NSane.html
Get the green apple flavor!

What are burpees?



  • Begin in a squat position with hands on the floor in front of you.
  • Kick your feet back to a pushup position.
  • Immediately return your feet to the squat position.
  • Leap up as high as possible from the squat position.
  • When performing burpees, the key is to perform them in quick movements




    Here's a youtube link http://youtu.be/PYfNA_lmkHM

    Also, if you're not sure what exercise is what, then install an app called Fitness Buddy. There are workouts that cater to what you want to improve.  I enjoy the Butt and Thigh toning program.  

    If you need to lose weight, the best way is to run.  In the beginning, it's really hard and you'll hate it, because trust me, I hated it so much! Start slow, walk, and brisk walk for 30 minutes.  Then maybe, 2 weeks later, switch it up to brisk walk to a jog for 30 minutes.  Finally, walk, jog and run for how ever long your body yearns for the burn!  Running tones your whole body! 

    As for dieting, try to stay away from carbs! Even when I get a sub from subway, I'll just eat it open faced.  My subway order: Veggie delight on 9 grain, no cheese, all of the veggies except for lettuce and substituted with spinach, avocado, and black pepper.   I don't even add mustard anymore because some of the veggies are salty and it doesn't need a condiment.

    Flame Broiler is also another good option!  Chicken & veggie. White meat, brown rice and extra veggies.  No special sauce but hot sauce will do!

    Chicken and broccoli should be a staple in your diet if you want to lose weight.  That is what I'm going to eat for most of my meals from now on!

    As for alcohol, on the rocks is the best choice!  Champagne, white and red wines are good choices too.  But don't over do it like me. haha.





    2 comments: