Tuesday, February 26, 2013
Saturday, February 23, 2013
Friday, February 22, 2013
Tuesday, February 19, 2013
I visit all 3 markets every week, each place has something to offer. Here's a list of my favorite finds from each market!
- Red Pozole from the hot bar. They have soy substitute for chicken, the texture & taste is pretty much the same. Sometimes, I'll just come in for just a bowl of red pozole. Try it and you'll be amazed. I love it.
- Salad Bar- Fresh greens with loads of veggies to choose from
- Hot Bar- They switch up the menu daily with vegan options
- Voskos Greek Yogurt. It's my favorite brand of Greek yogurt. Try the strawberry and vanilla bean with honey flavors; it's super rich and creamy. I love adding fresh fruits on top of it!
- Juice Bar. I used to get juices from here, but now I can do it at home. My favorite drink is the super cleansing cocktail.
- Vitamins- Mother's has the biggest variety of vitamins
- Rare produce
- Fresh baked muffins that are so addicting.
- Irish Soda Bread- This is a must try. It feels hard as the rock, but the bread itself is so soft and chewy.
- Sandwiches made to order
- GT's Kombucha
- The Bee's Knees peanut butter
- Italian Wedding soup
- lemons are super cheap
- Sprout's String cheese
- Herbs and Spices - buy little amounts of it, instead of buy the whole bottle.
- B12 injections
- Essential Oils
- Teas- so many different brands & varieties.
- Speculoos Cookie Butter
- Steel Cut Oatmeal that you nuke
- Organic Fair Trade Wake Up Blend Coffee
- Soy Creamer
- Chicken Tikka Masala
- TJ whole wheat bread
- Free samples and coffee
- Chicken Salad with Couscous
- Cara Cara Oranges (Grapefruit + Orange)
Monday, February 18, 2013
Saturday, February 16, 2013
I came across Drew Barrymore's makeup line called Flower at Walmart. The display for her line is perfection. The packaging is so pretty and sleek. It's a bit pricey for drugstore makeup, but I'm sure it's worth it. I decided to pick up Flower Kiss Stick High-Shine Lip Color in LS15 - Tulip.
Check out her line here!
Check out her line here!
Friday, February 15, 2013
Wednesday, February 13, 2013
The part where he goes to the dance floor. ;)
I rented The Perks of Being a Wallflower, and I immdetiatley fell in love with the film. I will purchase this on Bluray ASAP. I will probably buy the book as well. THAT's how much I enjoyed it. The soundtrack is amazing as well. Here are some of my favorites quotes:
Charlie: Why do nice people choose the wrong people to date?
Bill: Are we talking about anyone specific?
Bill: We accept the love we think we deserve.
Charlie: Can we make them know they deserve more?
Bill: We can try.
Charlie: I don't know if I will have the time to write anymore letters because I might be too busy trying to participate. So if this does end up being the last letter I just want you to know that I was in a bad place before I started high school and you helped me. Even if you didn't know what I was talking about or know someone who has gone through it, you made me not feel alone. Because I know there are people who say all these things don't happen. And there are people who forget what it's like to be 16 when they turn 17. I know these will all be stories someday. And our pictures will become old photographs. We'll all become somebody's mom or dad. But right now these moments are not stories. This is happening, I am here and I am looking at her. And she is so beautiful. I can see it. This one moment when you know you're not a sad story. You are alive, and you stand up and see the lights on the buildings and everything that makes you wonder. And you're listening to that song and that drive with the people you love most in this world. And in this moment I swear, we are infinite.
Sam: Why do I and everyone I love pick people who treat us like we're nothing?
Charlie: We accept the love we think we deserve.
Charlie: My doctor said we can't choose where we come from but we can choose where we go from there. I know it's not all the answers but it was enough to start putting these pieces together.
Sally's sends me coupons every month, and I noticed the new look for ORLY. I stopped by and saw their new shades that I'm absolutely in love with.
Starting from the left:
Ingenue: Copper metallic
Glowstick: neon/highlighter yellow
Bubbly Bombshell: fuchsia glitter
Royal Navy: Midnight blue with light blue glitter
Monday, February 11, 2013
I feel like baby pink or nude colors are usually runny and can be easily ruined if you're not careful. Is it just me?? haha.
I usually keep my nails really short, but I kept them a little longer. They look a bit sexier!
Sunday, February 10, 2013
Steps on how to achieve this everyday look:
1) Apply a small amount of Smashbox Photo Finish Hydrating Primer.
2) Using Covergirl+Olay Concealer Balm, lightly swipe it under the eyes, bridge of your nose, and the cupid's bow. Blend it all with your fingers or use a foundation brush.
3) Define your brows with NYC Browser Brush-On Brow Kit in 876 Brunette.
4) Apply Buck from UD Naked Palette onto your crease, highlight the brow bone with Virgin using the same palette.
5) Line your eyes with Physicians Formula Kohl Kajal Eyeliner. Using a Q-tip, soften the harsh cat eye for a natural look.
6)Apply Lancome Cils Booster XL on top and bottom lashes. Apply 2 coats of Maybelline The Mega Plush Volum' Express on top lashesh and 1 coat on the bottom.
7) For the cheeks I used Benfit Hoola Bronzer, I also applied it to my temples and jawline.
8) Loreal Colour Riche in Blushing Sequin is like a lip stain but a bit creamier. I only applied one coat for a subtle color.
*In the 1st pic, there's no lipstick on my lips!*
Wednesday, February 6, 2013
Total Lash Cover Mascara and this is how it comes out of the packaging.
The left has 2 coats of the mascara, and the right are bare lashes.
When applying mascara, I never wear it alone, a mascara primer is needed. I got this Lancome sample from Sephora, and I'm planning to buy the full size! It's one of the best!
The left has 2 coats of mascara, and the right has a coat of the mascara primer and 2 coats of mascara. See the difference? The right has more volume and it's super long. I give this mascara a 4 out of a 5!
Tuesday, February 5, 2013
The kit includes 3 polishes:
Step 1: Apply 2 coats of nail polish #1.
Step 2: Apply nail polish #2 on to 1/3 of the nail, starting at the end.
TIP: Apply another coat of nail polish #3 to make it look even more vibrant! Also, add a top coat to keep it looking glossy and chip free as long as possible.
This kit is very easy & affordable, and I would recommend this to anyone!
Update!! I used the Pink set and I like it way better than the black!
Monday, February 4, 2013
1) EOS Blender Sponge is a dupe of the Beauty Blender. It's 2/$9 at CVS. I use this to blend my foundation and concealer, use it damp and you'll achieve a flawless look.
2) Milani Eye Tech Bold Liquid Eyeliner is a like a thick marker, use it for an easy winged eye. It seriously took me less than a minute to wing out my eyes.
3) Milani Eye Tech Extreme Liquid Eyeliner is another favorite because it has a fine tip so your lines will be precise.
4) ELF Eyelid Primer - I finally finished my UD Primer Potion and needed a fast replacement. I got this for $3 and guess what? It does it's job. It's silky and absorbs quickly. My eye makeup lasts all night!
5) Covergirl +Olay Concealer Balm- I have found my go to concealer. You don't know how many concealers I bought in the past couple of months. I thought the new Loreal Crayon concealers were going to be my fave, but Covergirl beat it! I love that it's moisturizing and blends so effortlessly. The coverage is great and it can also be used as a highlighter.
6) ELF Natural Lash Kit #1713 They redid their lashes! It's not sparse anymore, it now has dimension and the band is a lot more sturdier. I cut them in half, place them on the outer lash line, to accentuate my eyes.
7) Milani Lipstick in True Red - I found their new line of lipsticks! A+ for packaging, it looks really expensive with the shiny gold case. It has a blue undertone so it will make your teeth look whiter! They have a bunch of new colors and I can't wait to grab some more.
8) Maybelline Color Whisper in Petal Rebel - They came out with sheer lipsticks with many delectable colors. Petal Rebel is a highlighter pink but obviously sheer. This looks fantastic on fair-tan skin. I love to pair this with bold eye makeup because it's similar to a nude lip but with a bit of flirt.
9)Wet N Wild Idol Eyes Creme Shadow in Distress- I actually like these more than the NYX Jumbo Pencils. It glides on super easy and has vibrant colors. You can use these for smokey eyes, base, or even take an eyeliner brush and use it as eyeliner.
1) SOCKS!! The Hundreds and Huf are my fave socks at this moment. The Diamond Supply Socks are cute but the material is not that good. I washed them and the thread is already loose.
2) Beanies! Recently, a lot of chicks are rocking beanies. They look super cute when dressed casual in leggings, cute tee/crewneck sweater, and sneakers.
3) Loreal Total Repair 5 Dry Oil- I've been using this when my hair is damp, I liberally spray it all over my ends and also add a few drops of my Moraccan Oil. The scent is fabulous and my hair has a healthy shine. It also doesn't weigh your hair down.
4) BWW Cinnamon Sugared Donut candle UGH, I love this scent!!! It smells yummy and comforting.
5) Bodycology Cloud Nine body lotion- I got this at target for about $3. The name matches the scent, it's refreshing and makes you feel so relaxed.
Anyways, here's my look of the day:
For the face, I kept a very minimal eye makeup and with a mauve lip.
How to achieve this look & the uses of each item:
1. After applying facial lotion, use a small amount of the Magic Lumi on to your under eyes, cheekbones, and bridge of your nose to illuminate your features.
2. Set the highlighter with the loose foundation powder.
3. Using the NYX palette, I chose medium brown and applied it to my crease. I blended it out with a darker brown on to the outer V. These colors are all matte and easily blendable. For the brow bone I picked up the off white color located on the top left corner. You can also use this palette to contour your nose with the light taupe color. Use the NYX jumbo eye pencil in the inner corner of your eyes.
4. Using a light brown in the palette, I lightly filled in my brows.
5. Line your eyes using Milani Eye Tech Extreme, and wing it out. If you have round eyes like me, try only lining the outer third of the eye to achieve the best cat eye.
6. Curl your lashes and apply two coats of the Voluminous mascara.
7. Apply ELF bronzer on the hollows of your cheeks. I love this bronzer because it stays put all day.
8. Lastly, put on the Spicy Mauve lipstick and you're all done.
My fiance got me the NYX palette at Urban Outfitters, and he also got me 4 nail polishes that I'm obsessed with!
I already tried on the grey polish, and it's really thick, and chip resistant for a little over a week. The colors are great and I highly recommend them!